Monday 26 October 2015

Chocolate Brownie Stuffed French Toast


Chocolate soaked french toast with a a creamy peanut butter filling and drizzled with chocolate sauce ~ a healthier breakfast or brunch french toast treat 

I love it when the months get colder. 

Not only does it mean Christmas is coming but it means that it is also socially acceptable to eat your bodyweight in festive treats and comfort food. Yes my figure may not appreciate it by the end of December but that's what new years resolutions are for am I right?! I was scrolling through my Photo library as I normally do when Im bored or don't have any exciting blogging material and I can't believe I have kept this hidden for such a long time! 



Making this was one of those rare moments in my house where I actually had sliced bread, a proper creamy greek yoghurt, non- mouldy fruits and leftover chocolate (because in my house there is no such thing). I came across this recipe from Cafe Delites after stalking her perfucsely on her instagram. Chocolate and Peanut Butter kind of sold me on the idea of making this for lunch because you know, weekends. I slightly adapted the recipe since the original called for a cream cheese filling, which to be honest sounded frikin AMAZING but I didn't have it in my fridge and it would be one of those things where you buy an ingredient for one recipe and end up never using it again. I suppose that would replicate a sort of cheesecake taste but I found using greek yoghurt was still increds and plus it is much healthier for you anyway ^^

So go my friends, spread your wings and make some chocolate peanut butter french toast goodness to brighten up your day~ 






CHOCOLATE BROWNIE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST

Serves: 1

INGREDIENTS
4 tbsp almond milk
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp stevia sweetner
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 slices bread

Peanut Butter Filling
1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
3 tbsp greek yoghurt2.
1 tbsp agave nectar

Topping Suggestions
Icing Sugar
Flaked Almonds
Melted Chocolate (White, Milk or Dark)

INSTRUCTIONS
1.  In a shallow bowl, whisk together the milk, coca powder and stevia until dissolved and their are no lumps of cocoa. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk some more until combined.
2. Combine all of the peanut butter filling ingredients together and mix until smooth. Spread the mixture on one slice of bread and top with the other slice of bread to make a sandwich. Then dip the sandwich into the egg mixture and soak on both sides.
3. Heat a lightly greased frying pan to a medium heat using coconut or vegetable oil.
4. Fry the sandwich on both sides until firm on the outside and cooked through- cover with a lid to cook.
5. Serve with toppings such as fruit, icing sugar, nuts or melted chocolate. EAT.


No comments:

Post a Comment