Friday 2 October 2015

3 Ingredient Nutella Cake w/ Dark Chocolate Glaze

Super easy Nutella cake with only 3 ingrededients and an optional dark chocolate glaze (well not really optional...just do it) 

Well long time no recipe post! 

Iv'e realised that most of my posts lately have been more fashion and travel related which isn't a bad thing you know since variety is the spice of life, Is that how the saying goes? meh I dunno something like that anyways

I thought I would ease the food posts back into Takara Dori with a bit of chocolate, specifically Nutella because I'm not gonna lie, it is seriously my guilty pleasure in life. I have to admit this recipe was made yonks and yonks ago but I never got round to posting it, it was a special one I was saving for you (I tell myself- to hide my forgetfulness). This recipe is my perfect 'getting home from school on a Friday and craving a dessert but can't actually be bothered to make anything complicated or take too long to bake' dessert. A 3 ingredient nutella cake that takes about 5 minutes to make and less than an hour to bake? Im in. As in, dive into the jar and bathe in nutella sort of participation. 




As for the glaze, yes it is optional but it does take the cake to another level. Plus it take another 5 minutes to make which you can do while its baking, so you know, your being pretty productive with your time management. I made it up on the spot and it actually ended up being a glaze instead of a soaking syrup...but it still turned out great. I just melted some dark chocolate in the microwave, added a dash of milk and then add some hot water to make it runnier. It starts to harden after on the top but when you cut into it its also soft, something about that texture make me very happy. 

This recipe is also applaudable since it can be cake or a brownie, it just depends if you use plain or self raising flour. So if your feeling cakey reach for the self raising or if your feeling more brownie style, go for that plain flour. Ahhhh the joys of science.   





3 INGREDIENT NUTELLA CAKE


INGREDIENTS
  • 10 tbsp self raising flour (I used a mixture of self raising and oat flour- I think the oat flour gives it a more hearty flavour)
  • Half a jar nutella 
  • 2 eggs
INSTRUCTIONS
1. Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mash/mix all the ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
2. Pour the batter into a baking pan and spread out evenly, feel free to add any extras such as topping with nuts or choc chips.
3. Bake the cake at 180°C for around 30 minutes until baked in the centre
4. EAT.

FOR THE GLAZE

The amounts depend on how much you want to make-
  • Dark chocolate
  • A dash of milk
  • Hot water
1. Melt the chocolate in a microwave, stopping at intervals so it doesn't burn. Once melted, add a dash of milk which will make it thick and then add the boiling water- enough to make the glaze runny enough to drizzle.
2. Once the cake has cooled, poke holes in the cake and drizzle the glaze all over the cake- this will let the glaze moisten the cake and leave you with a glaze on top too.






No comments:

Post a Comment