Saturday 22 November 2014

Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Brownies


Rich, fudgy and dense brownies made from only dark chocolate.They are adult brownies  with a walnut pieces topping, a crunchy exterior and a moist chocolatey crumb. They are Gluten-free too!



Stare at them brownies long and hard. Don't they just sing to you? They are obviously calling your name and saying BAKE ME. EAT ME AS SOON AS I COME OUT OF THE OVEN WITHOUT LETTING ME COOL. yeah, I have never been good with patience...

So here's the thing, these brownies are like getting smacked in the face with all things dark chocolate and amazing (smacked in the face good just to clarify- although i don't know if that is actually a thing but you know let's roll with it) 

I would be lying if I said I wasn't eating some chocolate right now just to get me through writing this post so I don't go reaching for the oven gloves to bake these again. Yes, they are THAT good. I actually baked these for my mum's boyfriend's birthday, although he is not actually the one who is gluten free, me and my mum are the GF free foodie enthusiasts; although were not strict and all things against wheat and gluten. 












This recipe is the best gluten free recipe I have used.  In the past my mum has baked brownies using gluten-free self-raising flour which has ended up in cakey brownies (let's just face it, cakey is not brownie- It is a chocolate sponge cake). I like ma brownies fudgy and dense; this recipe is just that. The flour replacement in this recipe is cornstarch and it also has cocoa powder which acts as a substitute.

I can't take the credit however for the creation of these babies, I have used the recipe from the fabulous blog Life Made Simple. Click HERE for the recipe and make sure to check out all the gluten-free noms on her blog *drools*






Behold! The brownie stack!









Do you see that fudgyness?! and how the walnuts shine





I like how precarious this stack looks balancing on that one walnut piece



A solitary brownie- feat. my hand


mmmm....



MMMMMMM!!!!!


I'm hungry for these brownies again... I guess I am going to have to get the oven gloves out

GLUTEN FREE DARK CHOCOLATE BROWNIES

A deliciously fudgy flourless brownie with plenty of dark chocolate and scattered walnuts- recipe slightly adapted from ‘Life Made Simple’


INGREDIENTS
6 tbsp. unsalted butter
150g granulated brown sugar
125g good- quality dark chocolate (around 70% cocoa solids), broken up into pieces
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tbsp. cornstarch
¼ tsp. salt
Walnuts, roughly chopped (optional)


DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line an 8x8 inch square pan with foil and grease with butter, set aside. 
2. Melt the butter in a bain marie (bowl over simmering water in a saucepan) then add the sugar. Once the sugar is incorporated, add the pieces of chocolate, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat and add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla extract.
3. Using a sieve, sift the cocoa powder and cornstarch into the saucepan, and then add the salt. Stir together, then beat the batter vigorously for 1-2 minutes (using a hand mixer on medium power) Beat until the batter is smooth and shiny.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and scatter on the walnuts evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the brownies are set in the centre- make sure not to over bake (better an under baked brownie than an over baked one) remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 45 minutes before removing and slicing. 
5. Eat warm from the oven or cold the next day, either way best served with ice cream ;)













No comments:

Post a Comment